Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Night Baseball

Tonight's MLBNetwork Thursday night game is the Orioles and the Yankees, although in my area it is blacked out because apparently Northern Virginia is still Orioles territory? Thanks Asshat Angelos. Anyway, in lieu of the world champion Yanks vs the 4-17 o's, I get to watch the Rays vs the Royals (Slaughter).

I bring this up and write about this for two reasons:

1) So I can say that I hate both the Yankees and the Orioles and I am psyched that I don't have to watch them.

2) To voice my extreme displeasure at the people of St. Petersburg/Tampa.

As of right now the Rays lead all of baseball with a 16-5 record, yet all I see is empty seats. It looks like an Orioles game!!! This is absolutely pathetic! If I had the chance to see the 2nd best 3rd Baseman in baseball (Longoria - behind Zimmerman), 2 of the fastest and most exciting outfielders (Upton and Crawford), and baseball's best utility man (Zobrist), you better believe I would be at every game I could! And that goes without mentioning any of their young stud pitchers, their crazy manager, and their speed.

Ridiculous.

Move the team to Las Vegas. Or to Pittsburgh - they could use a real baseball team.

8pm Edit:
Rays have now scored 5 runs in the 2nd. With 2 outs. They also had back-to-back triples!!!

How can people not be going to see this team??!?!

2 comments:

  1. Boo Angelos. Yay (Devil) Rays. Tampa Bay is so much fun to watch. I got to see them in Toronto last year (3 times) when I went to a few Jays games. They're just an exciting club to watch. Boo to Gulf Coast Floridians for not cheering on a good team!

    ReplyDelete